Recruitment for the post of Vice President (on contract basis)
Number and date of advertisement: 01/2016 of March 16, 2016
Start date for receipt of applications: March 16, 2016
Last date for receipt of applications: April 06, 2016
Location wise (initial posting) vacancy position is as under:
|Name of the Fund
||No. of vacancies
||West Bengal MSME VC Fund (WB Fund)
||Maharashtra State Social Venture Fund (MS Fund)
- SIDBI Venture Capital Limited (SVCL) (www.sidbiventure.co.in), a wholly owned subsidiary of Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) with offices in Mumbai and New Delhi, has established itself as the leading domestic Investment Manager for Venture Capital Funds / Alternative Investment Funds for early stage and growth stage investing, particularly for MSMEs across diversified sectors.
- SVCL is inviting applications from eligible and suitable candidates for the posts of Vice President (on contract basis). The candidate should have at least 10 years of post-qualification work experience in one or more areas viz. Venture Capital, Private Equity, Early Stage Financing, Project Appraisal. Of this, at least 5 years of experience should have been in Venture Capital / Private Equity. The candidate should be able to independently scout promising enterprises with social/developmental impact and manage such investment deals. Preference will be given to candidates who have first-hand experience in fund raising, sourcing investments, hand-holding and/or mentoring investee companies, investor relations and crafting exits.
- Duties and responsibilities / list of accountability
- Identifying successful business ventures and ability to analyse project viability (both technically and commercially).
- Analysing historical and projected financial statements of prospective investee companies.
- Working with the team on key metrics to measure the financial returns on investments.
- Conducting investment appraisals, negotiations and structuring of investments.
- Preparing, presenting, and maintaining detailed investment documentation for the Fund’s Investment Committee, Board of Directors and investors.
- Overseeing due diligence and documentation of approved investments.
- Monitoring existing investments in portfolio companies through stringent analysis of financial and operational results.
- Conducting industry and market research, and assisting in business development efforts.
- Reviewing periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by portfolio companies and preparing reports based for internal and investor communication.
The candidate should ideally have
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; proficiency in Excel based financial models.
- Demonstrated transaction experience on the buy side.
- Managed investment deals independently.
- The candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and preferably have working knowledge of -
- Hindi and Bengali for WB Fund.
- Hindi and Marathi for MS Fund.
- Proficiency in using computer/laptops and other electronic gadgets.
The candidates should be graduates with minimum 60% marks. Preference will be given to (i) Graduates in Engineering, (ii) Chartered Accountants, (iii) Post graduates in any subject including those holding 2 years full time degree / diploma in Management.
The candidates should not be more than 45 years of age. The appointment for the above posts shall be initially for a period of 5 years subject to renewal by mutual consent. The candidates may be offered 24,00,000/- (Rupees Twenty Four Lakh Only) as Annual Fixed Compensation (AFC). However, higher AFC may be considered in the case of exceptionally higher qualified and/or highly experienced candidates. No residential accommodation will be provided by SVCL.
Before filling in the application form, the candidates must ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility criteria with respect of age, educational qualification, work experience, etc., as on April 06, 2016 and that the particulars furnished in the application form are correct in all respects.
The Company offers a challenging work environment. Professionals with proven track record of high performance and potential may write in strict confidence with detailed CV together with present and expected Cost to Company (CTC).
Reservations and relaxations would be given to candidates belonging to the reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC) as per the Government of India existing instructions, provided such candidates apply under such category and submit valid proof in support of their claim.
The applications need to be forwarded to SVCL as per format provided here - "Resume Format" on or before April 06, 2016
by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Application for the post of Vice President (on contract basis)"
addressed to -
MD & CEO,
SIDBI Venture Capital Limited,
10th floor, "Naman Centre",
C-31, G Block,
Bandra Kurla Complex,
Bandra East, Mumbai - 400 051.