Impact Investment Fund
SIDBI Venture Capital Limited
(SVCL) (www.sidbiventure.co.in), a wholly owned subsidiary of Small Industries Development
Bank of India (SIDBI) operating from Mumbai, is currently managing 3 venture capital
12 billion and has established itself as
the leading domestic Venture Capital investor for early stage and growth stage investing,
particularly for MSMEs across diversified sectors. SVCL is raising its 4th
fund specifically for making impact investments in states of Bihar, Chhattisgarh,
Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal targeted
towards investments in viable and profitable ventures which adheres to triple bottom
line principles. We are looking for the following personnel
Project Head (on contract
basis) – 1 post
SVCL is looking for an experienced
professional for the position of Project Head. He / She would have responsibility
for product strategy of the new fund, negotiating & structuring of deals and be
responsible for mentoring, team development and overall fund performance. The candidate
should have at least 10 years of relevant experience in one or more areas viz.,
impact investing, Venture Capital, Private Equity, Investment Banking, early stage
financing etc and should have a passion for improving the livelihood of the people
in the bottom of the pyramid segment through income generating activities
The candidate should have –
- Capability to identify potentially successful business ventures and ability to analyse
project viability (both technically and commercially).
- Capability to monitor portfolio companies through stringent analysis of financial
and operational results of target companies.
- Identify new business opportunities, carry out due diligence, structure and execute
investments matching the investment objectives.
- Knowledge of multiple industry sectors with proven capability to add value to investments,
take investee companies on a high growth path.
- Prepare, present, and maintain detailed investment documentation for the Fund’s
Investment Committee, Board of Directors and investors.
- Proven strategic leadership, management and decision making skills, strong commercial
acumen and demonstrated experience in managing diverse stakeholders.
- Work with the team on key metrics to measure the social and financial returns on
- Understanding of the valuation methodologies (as per international norms) and assuming
responsibility for fund valuation and profitable exits.
- Familiarity with GIIN’s (Global Impact Investing Network) monitoring framework
IRIS for monitoring of the performance of the Fund would be desirable.
- Wherever applicable, bringing international practices to the Fund to the satisfaction
of the investors and maintaining cordial investor relations including suitable investor
- Fluency in English and Hindi. Knowledge of other Indian languages would be an added
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
- Have a blend of investing / private sector and non-profit experience.
- Good track record of providing capacity building support to portfolio companies,
either directly or through networking contacts.
Investment Officer (on
contract basis) – 2 posts
- He/She will report to Project Head.
- The candidate should have at least 3 - 5 years of relevant experience including
at least 2 years in impact investing, Venture Capital, Private Equity, Investment
Banking, early stage financing etc.
- Preferred age: 25 – 30 years.
- The candidates for above positions should preferably be B.E / B.Tech /CAs and/or
MBAs from reputed institutes and should have a passion for improving the livelihood
of the people in the bottom of the pyramid segment through income generating activities.
The appointments for the
above 2 positions shall be initially for a period of five years subject to
renewal by mutual consent. The remuneration is negotiable and would be on
a Cost to Company basis. No residential accommodation will be provided by SVCL.
The place of posting could be at Mumbai or New Delhi or in one of the main cities
located in the target area as may be decided by SVCL.
The Company offers a challenging
work environment. Professionals with proven track record of high performance and
potential may write in strict confidence with detailed CV together with present
and expected CTC. The applications need to be forwarded to SVCL as per format provided
here – "Resume Format"
on or before close of office hours on March 31, 2012 either by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post in a cover superscribed "Application for the post of Project Head" or
"Application for the post of Investment Officer" addressed to -
The Chief Executive Officer,
SIDBI Venture Capital Limited,
Ground Floor, MSME Development Centre,
C-11, G Block,
Bandra Kurla Complex,
Bandra East, Mumbai - 400 051.