Recruitment for the post of AVP (on contract basis)
SIDBI Venture Capital Limited (SVCL) (www.sidbiventure.co.in), a wholly owned subsidiary of Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) with offices in Mumbai, Lucknow and New Delhi has established itself as the leading domestic Venture Capital Investment Manager for early stage and growth stage investing, particularly for MSMEs across diversified sectors.
SVCL has operationalized its Social Venture Fund viz. Samridhi Fund (SF). SF aims to provide capital to social enterprises which can deliver both financial returns and positive social impact, in Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Chattisgarh, Jharkhand, Rajasthan and West Bengal.
SVCL is looking for an experienced professional for the position of AVP- Samridhi Fund (on contract basis). The candidate should have atleast 5 years of relevant work experience in one or more areas viz., Impact Investing, Venture Capital, Private Equity, Investment Banking, early stage financing etc. and should have a passion for improving the lives of the people at the base of the pyramid through market based approaches. The candidate should be able to independently scout promising enterprises with social/developmental impact and manage such investment deals.
Duties and responsibilities / Items of accountability
- Identifying successful social business ventures and ability to analyse project viability (both technically and commercially)
- Analysing historical and projected financial statements of prospective investee companies
- Working with the team on key metrics to measure the social and financial returns on investments
- Conducting investment appraisals, negotiations and structuring of investments
- Preparing, presenting, and maintaining detailed investment documentation for the Fund’s Investment Committee, Board of Directors and investors
- Managing due diligence and documentation of approved investments
- Monitoring existing investments in portfolio companies through stringent analysis of financial and operational results
- Conducting industry and market research, and assisting in business development efforts
- Reviewing periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by portfolio companies and preparing reports based for internal and investor communication
The candidate should ideally have
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; proficiency in Excel based financial models
- Demonstrated transaction experience either on the buy or sell side.
- Understanding of social/double bottom-line businesses.
- Familiarity with GIIN’s (Global Impact Investing Network) monitoring framework IRIS for monitoring of the performance of the Fund.
- Managed investment deals independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Hindi.
The candidates for above position should be atleast graduates in Engineering or have completed 2 years full time degree or diploma in Management or are Chartered Accountants.
The candidate should not be more than 35 years of age. The appointment for the above position shall be initially for a period of 5 years subject to renewal by mutual consent. The remuneration is negotiable and would be on a Cost to Company basis. No residential accommodation will be provided by SVCL. The place of posting could be at Lucknow or New Delhi or any other location as may be decided by SVCL.
The Company offers a challenging work environment. Professionals with proven track record of high performance and potential may write in strict confidence with detailed CV together with present and expected CTC. Reservation / relaxation would be given to candidates falling under the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC) provided such candidates apply under such category. The applications need to be forwarded to SVCL as per format provided here - "Resume Format" on or before June 03, 2014 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Application for the post of AVP– Samridhi Fund" (on contract basis) addressed to-
MD & CEO,
SIDBI Venture Capital Limited,
Ground Floor, MSME Development Centre,
C-11, G Block,
Bandra Kurla Complex,
Bandra East, Mumbai - 400 051.